Our Managed WordPress Hosting Might Be a Good Fit
If you are hosting WordPress on our Cloud Sites service, you might want to take a look at our Managed WordPress service before you cancel. It is a hosting service highly optimized for WordPress and storage and bandwidth are included, so you are only charged based on your monthly pageviews. It also includes daily backups, a free SSL certificate via LetsEncrypt, server level caching, a built-in CDN, Jetpack Premium at no extra cost (normal price is $9/month) and many other great features. We’ll even migrate you from Cloud Sites to Managed WordPress at not extra charge, just fill out this form.
Please Read Before Completing This Form
- For security purposes, Laughing Squid will not deactivate hosting for a domain without a completed cancellation form. Cancellation requests via email, phone, fax, snail mail, carrier pigeon or any other means will not be processed. This is to protect the owner of the website from unauthorized, malicious or accidental cancellation.
- Hosting for your domain will be deactivated within 24-48 hours from the time that this form is submitted (Monday through Friday). It may even be deactivated on the same day that you submit this form, so make sure you have downloaded/transferred all of your files/email and are ready for hosting of the domain(s) to be deactivated before filling out this form, since all files, including email will be deleted from the server when the site is deactivated. Any DNS entries for your domain will be removed from our name servers.
- Domain cancellations cannot be scheduled in advance, so please do not complete this form until you are actually ready to deactivate hosting.
- If you do not wish to be billed for the next month’s hosting services, be sure to submit this form before your next billing cycle or else you will be billed in full for the next month’s hosting. Partial month hosting charges are not refunded when canceling hosting for a domain.
- If your domain has expired and you have chosen not to renew it, you will continue to be billed for hosting each month until you actually cancel hosting by completing this form. This is a safeguard for our customers, since we have no way of knowing if a customer is going to decide to renew their domain or if they wish to retrieve their files that are on the server.
- If you sign-up for hosting, but never uploaded your files or update your domain record to reference our name servers, you are still responsible for any hosting charges. You will continue to be billed for hosting each billing cycle until you actually cancel hosting by completing this form.
- If you or your webmaster has transferred your site to a different host, you will continue to be billed for hosting each month until you actually cancel hosting by completing this form. This is a safeguard for our customers, since we have no way of knowing that you have decided to leave or when your move is actually complete.
If you have any questions related to this cancellation form, please contact our support.
Hosting cancellations are normally processed within 24-48 hours (Monday-Friday).